Wednesday, June 8, 2016

What is photography to me?


           Since the age of nine photography has captivated my essence and made me who I am today. When I was just a little boy my parents gave me a Kodak digital camera, a Kodak DC3200. Massive in size but small in quality, though it was all I needed to rocket my passion into the atmosphere. Photoshop was just starting to stretch its legs on the consumer level and digital photography was making massive strides into the realm of photography. Yes, it was an exciting time for everyone; at least it was for me.  At that time I found my voice. Photography for me is communication, a way to convey my thoughts and ambitions.
            If you have ever met me you will come to realize that I am an awkward fellow, not Napoleon Dynamite awkward, more like Patsy from Monty Python and The Holy Grail awkward. I am not elegant with words or my body language and so, I rely on my craft to communicate. To me photography, my craft, is painting with light in a way that writes stories that could not otherwise be told.

Camera: Nikon D7000
Focal Length: 42
Aperture: f/3.3
Shutter: 1/250

Flash: SB 600 from the right approximately 5 feet away through a window

No comments:

Post a Comment