Friday, July 1, 2016

Making a splash


This past week we were given an assignment, to show motion in an image. A relatively simple assignment, however, if one ponders the thought of capturing motion in a single frozen frame then one realize the difficulty of the assignment. I chose to shoot an apple falling into a 60-gallon fish tank while I had the apple in one hand and the other on the shutter release button. I timed it so when the apple touched the water my shutter was released. The image you see required about 500 trials and error but I finally got it. Nonetheless, this photograph did not meet the requirements. This image was more of a stop motion rather then a motion image.

Shutter: 1/250
Aperture: 29 (No I’m not kidding)
ISO: 400
Light: SB600 and Water?

No comments:

Post a Comment