Friday, July 1, 2016

Why did the chicken cross the road?... To see light stands


Image 1
Image 2
One of my classes I am working on a magazine project and I have chose to photograph a family and their farming legacy. It will consist of images of chickens in chicken houses, tobacco, and portraits of the family. This past week I photographed the chickens. I never knew that these birds were so curious. Walking into the chicken house with my tripod, light stand, and props the chickens understandable fled. But after I set things up I never would have thought about how curious they would be.  Slowly the group or flock of birds would gather around investigating my stand. The I noticed on some frames that my fill/background light didn’t fire but this was due to a chicken trying to figure out what my flash was. All in all a fun and humorous experience.

Image 1:

Shutter: 1/250
Aperture: 5.6
ISO: 400
Light: SB800

Image 2:

Shutter: 1/250
Aperture: 5.6
ISO: 400
Light modifier: SB600 and a Parabolic soft box


No comments:

Post a Comment