Friday, September 16, 2016

B-ball


Driving around Asheboro I found two guys playing basketball I asked them if I could photograph them for my photo of the day blog. They agreed. I pulled out my light stand and the schools camera an amazing Nikon D4s. At Randolph Community College we are super privileged to be able to use some of the finest equipment out there to the photographic community.

I put my flash on about half a stop because the ambient light was pretty strong and I couldn’t get my light too close do the basketball players and I also didn’t want it to be straight in their face. The  issues to overcome for me was the background part of the background had the city with the water tower sticking up and I wanted a clean background or as clean as possible so I got down low to keep the sky in the Back. It is kind of hard to freeze motion because you have to shoot at 500/second to freeze motion however with the flash you can only go up to 250/second. But that’s okay because Flash can freeze motion so I used it to freeze the motion of him playing basketball. Again I would like to say thank you to these young men that let me photograph them I appreciate their help and not laughing at me too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment