Saturday, September 3, 2016

Now I Know Why Everyone is Doing it




After an exhilarating night; of a really nice photography exhibition, I heard music down the road. Of course I had to go investigate. Drums pounding and people were dancing. I saw this to be a good opportunity to try a technique that I “practiced.” We tried it out as a class last semester but I really didn’t take it any further. The technique is to combine a flash and a slow shutter speed. The trick is to have the flash set to rear curtain sync, doing this allows one to have the slow shutter speed but the flash does not fire till last possible second of the exposure (simply put.) In this style, it appears that there is a ghost following your subject.had never really tried agree, before I shot the images I thought the technique produced “odd” photos. However, I think that it is after this technique is practiced that the images are of this style are fantastic, though I do believe that with many photographers this style can be and is over used. Bottom line, you can like or you can leave it.

 Now I know why everyone is doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment